This cake fits an 8" x 3" pan and saves time and cake by not having to trim both layers. Using baking strips keeps the sides from over-browning and the top from getting a cathedral dome.
Mix and match mix and pudding flavours to suit your taste buds. Or your buds' buds.
- 1 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp. Wilton meringue powder
- 1/4 cup instant Jell-O pudding powder
- 1 cake mix (no pudding in the mix)
- Mix all ingredients for 3 minutes on high regular mixer, med-high table mixer.
- Use wet baking strip around side of pan. Lightly grease sides and bottom of pan.
- Bake at 325ºF for 1 hour 10 minutes, or until done (check earlier at 1 hour).